Here is a typical sample of the feedback received from the courses I have presented:
Sarum, Wiltshire, September 2019
- One of the best instructors that I ever had! Really good timekeeping!
- Really insightful and interesting course. Sue was a great trainer, very knowledgeable and calming when talking about subjects which could be distressing. Really felt like I have learnt a lot in two days.
- Very insightful. thank you very much!
- Very well instructed and very eye-opening.
- Very good course.
Telford, Shropshire, July 2019
- Sue has taken us expertly and sensitively through two days of fascinating material, that has both consolidated our current work and inspired our future ambitions.
- A very detailed, thorough content. The very professional manner of Sue – encouraging self-reflection and discussion. Thank you
- A valuable two-day course – lots of new information, which I would like to follow up through further reading.
- Very interesting to hear about the underlying factors regarding mental health.
- Very useful to learn about the strategies out there. Liked the use of case studies for the course.
Folkestone, Kent, June 2019
- An excellent course. If everyone went on it then perhaps there would not be so much stigma about talking about it. Thank you, Sue.
- Great trainer, the course was very interesting, I learnt a lot. Many thanks.
- Well delivered, interactive, an appropriate level of participation and thoroughly engaging. It was great to see so many line managers fully involving themselves in the course and its content which is a testament to Susan and her delivery style. Overall the course has increased my confidence and it was a helpful refresher in a subject which is so incredibly pertinent in our organisation and community.
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, May 2019
- Well delivered. I think everyone should do at least a one day course to improve the mass education which is required.
- Very good course, very informative for an intense course. Learnt a lot.
- Very informative and I learnt a lot of useful information.
- Very informative & well presented.
- Susan was a very clear and concise instructor.
- A really good course, a real eye-opener!!
- Sue was very passionate about the subject and confident in delivering the course 🙂
- Very informative and enjoyable. Thank you
Portsmouth, Hampshire, April 2019
- Very informative. Some of the stats are very eye-opening. This has been a very helpful grounding in MHFA and will be a springboard for a more formalised approach to MHFA in our organisation and work to develop a broader employee wellbeing strategy.
- As a sufferer of moderate to high social anxiety Sue made herself approachable and made me at ease. I do feel in myself that I’ve made self-improvements. Many thanks 🙂
- Susan’s course has been invaluable to me professionally and personally. Her insightful delivery and excellent knowledge made the material easy to consume. A wonderful two days, thank you.
- Sue was an excellent instructor and I now feel more confident to support colleagues with mental health issues.
- Sue delivered the MHFA (adult) course in an insightful, informative and enjoyable manner. She actively encouraged structured debate around mental health to challenge our own perceptions and change mindsets within the group so we can go on to support those with mental health illness in the best possible way. Sue is clearly an expert on the subject matter and shared so much of her own knowledge and experience throughout.
- This has been a really eye-opening, encouraging and thought-provoking course. Sue involved us all, challenged our views and kept us engaged throughout. Her subject knowledge is second to none. I feel more knowledgeable and aware and much better prepared to support colleagues.
- Susan delivered this course in an excellent and informative manner. She used well-structured examples and statistics to teach the course.
- Sue has immense knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject. She puts the information across extremely well.
- It was very informative, Sue taught me so much that I did not know before and has greatly increased my confidence in talking about difficult issues.
- I have suffered from depression for many years and I can honestly say that Susan Hayward explained the differences that people face in their lives with passion and knowledge. I have truly enjoyed being taught by her.
- Sue clearly has knowledge far beyond the course syllabus and is passionate about the topic. She is an enthusiastic expert and this is contagious.
- Sue as an instructor of the course has made an impact on me in a positive way to reflect on personal difficulties I’ve experienced and to realise seeking help is not something to be ashamed of or afraid of.
Marylebone, London, April 2019
- Excellent, clear and encouraging of reflection and comment.
- Very useful and instructive. I will be following the course up via reading the manual.
- Very interesting and thought-provoking session.
Newington, London, April 2019
- Good course, lots of content.
- Quite tiring, but worth it.
- The course was packed full of information which was very eye-opening. I will take a lot of the course away and use both in personal and professional life. Sue wa a very good instructor and very knowledgeable about all subjects.
- Great course, very educational, very important information and relevant for the business.
- The course was very informative.
- Very good information and presentation.
- Found course very interesting.
- Sue was great, very knowledgeable and engaging. I would recommend for all!
- Very good course, excellent knowledge gained and would recommend other members of my team attend.
- A great course. Good pace of delivery, really enjoyable.
- Brilliant, insightful, thought-provoking, gave me the strength to recognise my own issues and the courage to seek some assistance. Bravo.
- Brilliant course.
- A lot of information, quite draining, but very informative and clearly put across. Tutor very good.
Isle of Wight, November 2015
- The course has been an eye-opening course, separating myths from the facts. I feel I learned quite a bit in the 2 days of the course.
- Excellent course. Well delivered. Very useful, with good content. Well organised.
- I would recommend others to do this course as it was very informative.
- The course has given me excellent insight and helped me build self-confidence. I would recommend to anyone. Thank you
- It was a very interesting, in-depth look at mental health issues which was delivered exceedingly well by the 2 instructors.
- The course was really good. I’ve learnt a tremendous amount and the instructors kept us fully engaged. I would like to grow my skills in this area as a result of their motivation and teaching.
- The course has been fantastic! Thank you so much. It has really helped me.
Titchfield, Fareham, November 2015
- Really enjoyed the course. Felt that I learnt a lot and has inspired me to continue and learn more. Thank you for the in-depth learning offered and delivered with great pace and professionalism.
- A useful and informative course which was very well presented.
- Excellent course thought-provoking and enlightening.
- The video clips are particularly useful. The exercise on hearing voices helped greatly in understanding the problem.
- Mental health needs to be spoken of more – this course removes many of the myths and misunderstandings associated with it.
- An informative, fascinating and useful course, delivered well. Thank you
- Though there is a lot of information in two days, it was very useful. Very good, interesting and engaging course.
Isle of Wight, October 2015
- Very good course, informative, in-depth coverage of the subject. Easy to take in and remember all aspects. No hesitation in recommending the course to others.
- Yes, it was a very good course, I learned a lot and I hope in future I can help those with any difficulties.
- ALGEE mnemonic is very useful.
- This will help me to help others where I work and live. A good skill to have in my life.
- The course was very helpful and dispelled quite a few myths – I now have a clearer understanding of myself and how others may behave. I hope I can help someone with these new skills.
- I enjoyed the course and now have a much better understanding of mental health.
- I think this course should be taught in schools as it would help remove the stigma from an early age. Thank you for enlightening me and giving me the tools to help others as well as educate.
Eastbourne, September 2015
- A very informative course, brilliant instructors answered any questions I had. Overall very pleased with my knowledge after the course.
- Great, covered all the major areas.
- Excellent course, very well presented, very informative. Thank you
- Thank you, I’m glad I have done the course, and feel I learn a lot!
- I have enjoyed this and would like to follow up with a longer course to possibly deliver training in future.
Isle of Wight, July 2015
- As a listener, it gave me much more insight into the caller’s I’ve had with mental health problems. The instructors were brilliant and gave us enough time to understand each exercise. Thank you
- This has opened my thought processes to realise I must listen more rather than go into fix-it mode straight away. Overall very informative and enjoyable.
- Feel more able to engage with people needing mental health first aid.
References from MHFA Website:
Social Care Professional
I work in Islington and have used many aspects of MHFA training in my professional and personal life when talking with colleagues and friends about mental health. Shortly after the course, I supported a friend who was in considerable distress and the course taught me some techniques and gave me the confidence to support them.
As we are generally one of the first on the scene for accidents, it’s incredibly powerful to have that insight into people’s mental wellbeing. We are able to spot the signs if someone is in crisis and can help immediately.
Learning Mental Health First Aid is a perfect fit alongside all the physical and medical training we have. Recognising if someone is suicidal as soon as they are admitted can help speed up their recovery process.
Learning about Mental Health First Aid has given me new skills which I can use in every part of my life.
Some of our foster children have had an incredibly difficult start in life. By learning about MHFA, it has helped us to identify if there may be problems and the best way of approaching them.
Working in a secondary school we deal with a lot of Mental Health Issues and having awareness of Mental Health First Aid is imperative to helping a student in the first instance. It helps us with the issue of understanding the individual better and therefore being able to offer the best support
As I am responsible for everybody’s welfare, it is important for me to be able to recognise if someone in the organisation is not well and needs help.
Having done the MHFA course, I am now able to deal with difficult situations, because I have more understanding and empathy.
The MHFA course has helped me to understand myself better and taught me self-help tips to improve my own wellbeing.